[olug] 1.5 gig USB HDs for $69 @ CompUSA

Neal Rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Fri Nov 4 17:11:47 UTC 2005

 FYI there are 1.5 gig USB hard drives for sale at CompUSA for $69
today. I bought one and cracked it open, hoping to find a Hitachi
compact flash MicroDrive inside - no luck there, the drive has a custom
USB adapter card.

  I did pick up a 3.0 gig MicroDrive for use in one of my Soekris 4801
boxes which I am loving just a little more with each passing day  ...
128 meg, 266 MHz Geode, three ethernet ports, miniPCI slot ... the only
thing lacking is a predrilled hole that'll take an RP-TNC connector for
a radio card and I think you can buy those, I just don't know where.

http://soekris.com