[olug] Grub just stops

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Fri May 20 15:31:51 UTC 2005

It would appear that the MBR got hosed at some point.

boot from a CD to get to a prompt and re-run grub
i.e.

#grub

#then inside the grub interface
root (hd0,0)  #or whatever your /boot partition is
setup (hd0)

That will re-install the boot loader and make sure it is pointed at the
correct partition for the grub files.