[olug] (OT) - Free/Cheap Temporary Colo-space

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Tue Mar 15 00:44:51 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 15:52, Sean Edwards wrote:
> The idea of a non-profit organization is to spend as
> much as you bring in, thus the term non-profit.  The
> problem soon becomes "as much as you bring in" part.
> Many businesses and other organizations give to
> non-profit groups for the tax deduction, but the
> non-profit organization needs to have a goal a little
> loftier than "sponsor our electronic playground,
> please."  If OLUG is already set up as a  non-profit
> organization, there should be a mission statement
> and/or a purpose for being in the articles of
> incorporation, on file with the State of Nebraska.

Yep, it's all that stuff, and pretty soon you spend all your time working on
"the organization" instead of Linux.  As a battle scarred veteran of three
non-profits, I urge you not to break what already works quite well.

Would all of you looking for bandwidth and a cheap colo, please email me
OFF-LIST with your bandwidth requirements, I may be able to help, but I need
to understand the bandwidth demands before I make any commitments.  Because
this is a non OLUG business discussion,  it needs to be OFF-LIST.

Thanks!
Dave Thacker