[olug] Samba PDC and XP

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Mar 14 14:38:43 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm running a Samba PDC domain with XP pro clients.  I have removed a user
from the domain, but the XP pro PC they were using is still trying to
syncronize their folders.

1. The user was removed from the PC using the XP User Control Panel
applet.
2. I have gone into Tools-Syncronize and unchecked the folder for
syncronization, but it keeps coming back as checked.
3. I have removed the registry entries for the folder syncronization, but
it comes back again.

A google search reveals that offline file sync with xp is sketchy for some
people, but flawless for others.  As I'm sure I'll be adding and removing
users from the domain, I'm curious if anyone run into this before using
Samba as a PDC with XP?

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/