[olug] (OT) RF Equipment Tx/Rx Data, KU band

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Sun Mar 13 18:02:37 UTC 2005

I have just gotten 3 KU band Rx/Tx that were built in the 80's. I cant find any documentation on them at all, Hughes Gemini 56 is brand and model. I think it was used in old Vsat systems.
I disasembled one of them for sma, smc connectors as well as one chassis mount N connector which I plan on deploying in my cantenna setup. Theres lots of goodies for someone in these old units. I was thinking about using them in a point to point microwave data connection but I am thinking maybe the engineering is going to cause headaches and I really dont "need" to do that.
Freq. should be in the 10-14Ghz area dont know about noise, some one can have them, Just dont hook them up and dont give yourself cancer, Only ppl that know what their doing shall recieve these. Contact me off list pls.
                     thebirdman at operamail.com
                     buckchird at yahoo.com

Oh I also have a data multiplexer called a MUX that went with these as well.
No Whammies