[olug] apache not reachable

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Fri Mar 11 14:51:08 UTC 2005

Terry wrote:
> iptables -L

OK, now we're getting in over my head.  I tried reading the man page on
this, so I think the following rule is relevant.  But I have no idea
what to do to change it.

REJECT	tcp	--	anywhere	anywhere	tcp dpts:0:1023 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

If I understand correctly, this will reject all TCP traffic on ports
0-1023.  (That would sure explain it.)  But SSH still works because of a
prior rule.

ACCEPT	tcp	--	anywhere	anywhere	tcp dpt:ssh flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT	all	--	anywhere	anywhere

Why doesn't this third rule match (and accept) all incoming traffic, though?

Thanks, I think I'm getting close!

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea