[olug] attempted attacks

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 21:11:37 UTC 2005

Actually, it was a bagel toaster.

It was in 1997 at Franklin Life Insurance,
Springfield, IL.  The 12 story North Tower network was
out (in Spfld. IL 12 stories is a tower).

Since each switch on each floor connected to the
switch on the first floor, that is where we started;
the Marketing Dept.

A VP in Marketing demanded not just a bagel from his
assistant, but a toasty bagel.  The assistant found no
available outlet in the break room for the toaster.
With her job at risk for not performing the task to
the satisfaction of her boss, she franticallly made an
outlet available by unplugging the ethernet switch.
Knowing her boss, unplugging the microwave or coffee
machine would have been unforgivable.

-=Sean Edwards=-