[olug] OT Apple I

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 20:50:39 UTC 2005

Does anybody have a copy of this book yet, or has
anyone looked at it?

-=Sean Edwards=-

<-- O'Reilly Media <elists-admin at oreillynet.com>
wrote:

According to Wired Magazine, the Apple I is one of the
hottest machines on the vintage computer market. There
are now fewer than 50 systems still in circulation and
collectors have paid as much as $50,000 for a computer
originally priced at $666.66. While the average Apple
enthusiast is unlikely to get their hands on an
original, they can build a system from scratch with
roughly $100 worth of hardware and a copy of "Apple I
Replica Creation" (Syngress).

Computers like the Apple I are incredibly simple
machines. Even if you have no experience with
electronics, this book will teach you how to
build your own replica of the Apple I, show you how to
program it yourself, and introduce you to exciting
ways to expand your Apple I to control lights,
motors, and more.

Inside the book coverage:

-Build a Working Replica of the Revolutionary Apple I
Computer
-Go "Old School" With BASIC and Assembly Language
Programming
-Solve the Same Challenges That Forced Early
Microcomputer Design
  Innovations

To order your copy or for more information, see:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/193183640X/
or call 1-800-998-9938
or email orders at oreilly.com

Apple I Replica Creation
Tom Owad, John Greco
Foreword by Steve Wozniak
Publisher: Syngress
ISBN: 1-931836-40-X, 416 pages, $39.95 US, $57.95 CA
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/193183640X/

For non-automated human help email help at oreillynet.com