[olug] Problems with C in my Fedora Core 3 install

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 14:46:49 UTC 2005

What options did you choose during installation?
Workstation? Server? Custom?  I'm not sure if this
still holds true today, but back in the actual Red Hat
days, 9.0 and earlier, the C compiler wasn't included
in the typical workstation install.  One had to go
through the custom install and manually select the
software development option, or something to that
effect.  I learned that one the hard way with 7.3.

Vince

--- Paul & Debbie Lewis <phldml3 at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm new to the area and am trying to set up a
> weather station.  The software
> for the weather station is in C, thus I want to use
> GCC on a Linux box.  I
> installed Fedora Core 3 with minimal problems.  My
> configuration is a
> Pentium clone (Winchip) running at 200MHz with 156MB
> or so of memory.
> Anyway, I can't get even a simply program like
> "Hello World" to compile
> because for some reason I don't have the stdio.h
> (and other header files).
> What did I do wrong in the install and better yet
> how do I correct the
> problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

"These exploits have been brought to you by the number 0 and the letters w and n."  -- John Bambenek, SANS Internet Storm Center Handler.
              http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-04-13