[olug] Penguin Lunch Tomorrow/MP4 players and editors. (long)

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:03:12 UTC 2005

I hope to meet the Cali Tacos group again this month.

I've had the pleasure of meeting with Jeff Hinrichs,
Steve Busby, Tim Larson and Robert Naumann in April at
California Tacos (Good place)

In May I met with Jon Larsen, Craig Wolf, Dave
Thacker, Rod Hurley, Rob Townley, Wes Ferrel, Sean
Edwards, Ed Carlson and John Dickey at CiCi's Pizza
(equally good and relatively inexpensive buffet $3.99
w/o drink ...new location on Saddle Creek by Target
should be open soon...if it isn't)

Who else is planning on Cali Tacos?

I'm looking for MPEG-4 players and editors that are:
Open Source, Cross-Platform and Copyright cleared (use
copyright cleared codecs) that can play SCOLA's Live
Video streams and downloadable clips.  If you are
interested in this project and have a fair amount of
coding experience -- please email me off-list.

If you are interested in chacking things out and are
willing to do some thorough step-by-step documentation
for the Linux,  Mac and/or Windows platforms also let
me know.

Currently the MPEG-4 clips use Quicktime Pro 6.0
through 6.5.2 Pro to play and edit them.

I can download the clips and play them in xine and
MPlayer on SuSE 9.1 Professional, but haven't figured
out how to get them to stream live or be able to edit
them.

Long-Windeed I know.  Thanks in advance

Joe Gulizia
SCOLA