[olug] FC4 and Matrox Drivers

A-Wal A-Wal at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 04:46:36 UTC 2005

My experience with nvidia has been wonderfully so far.  Every Linux
flavor I've tried so far automatically detects and configures my nvidia
gforce 3 perfectly.  The only thing I have to do is download the actual
nvidia 3D drivers from the nvidia website.  The install on Suse is
extremely easy with Yast, but the FC3 install is all command-line
based.  If you don't mind changing a few config files by hand, then it's
not that hard at all either.  I found a FAQ that outlined exactly what
to do.  Their drivers have worked perfectly for me.  I installed Unreal
Tournament 2004, and it actually gets twice the performance that it does
in windows.  In Linux I can set UT2k4 video settings to max with very
little lag, but in windows I have to cut them back to half for decent
performance.