[olug] Upgrading to FC4 from FC3

A-Wal A-Wal at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 04:22:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

    This is a n00b question, I know, but I really don't know the
answer.  If I download the FC4 ISOs and select upgrade, will it save my
email settings in Thunderbird after the install?  I'm actually going to
wipe my Linux partitions and reinstall from scratch, but it's just a FYI
for future upgrades.  I currently have several partitions, with several
Linux flavors, and will be consolidating them all into a single FC4
install.  Sure, I can probably remap the other partitions into my FC3
system under new directories, but I consider that a sloppy hack when I
can just do it right in a day anyway.  The other question is sorta
related.  What Thunderbird data files do I need to copy over to my new
system to restore all my settings and filters?  That's really the only
data I would like backed up and restored on the new system.

Thanks