what i've seen.. Re: [olug] MS Exchange alternatives

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 03:51:31 UTC 2005

Thanks for the info; I've got some time to research,
so that helps.  Big thing is seeing if I can't save my
clients and myself some time and money by going with
Linux rather than the expense of Exchange/2k3.
Some clients are just looking for file servers, which
is typically not too bad, and of course Apache is an
easy setup for http server.  I'll be finding out soon
what features they need out of Exchange, and with any
luck can point them to a Linux-based solution.
This would keep my headaches to a minimum and keep
them from having to call me because their server has
picked up a virus, or whatever other nightmare that
goes hand in hand with Windows servers.