[olug] writing img file

Noel Leistad.com @ METC noel at noelleistad.com
Wed Jun 8 14:41:55 UTC 2005

I feel pitiful.

after much work compiling kernal for evdo-router, found image files @
wirelessinternetcoverage.com

came as bz2 file, uncompressed. now have stompbox.0.9.img

tried dd if=stompbox.0.9.img of=/dev/sda  .and. dd if=stompbox.0.9.img
of=/dev/sda1
tried w and w/o bs=

no joy.

Google hasn't been much help on "install img" {to CF|file|to disk}

Any suggestions. Thought dumping a WORKING img file on to system would
be easier than figuring out what I've missed on install instructions. I
forego the learning experience ( I need a breather).

Any suggestions on how to even just mount the .img file?? mount -t ext2
-o loop stompbox.0.9.img /mnt/img doesn't work either.

Noel
noel at metc.net or tux at metc.net