[olug] Tor/Privoxy Enabled Distro available

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 07:17:18 UTC 2005

Hey Everybody,

I've been playing around with Slax http://www.slax.org and Tor and Privoxy for a while.  As part
of that I've put together a very quick/dirty remaster of Slax's Popcorn edition with Tor/Privoxy.
I believe it compares pretty favorably to Metropipe and the Virtual Privacy Machine.  I was hoping
to make a qemu version of it available that would work under QEMU on windows, but Slax and qemu on
windows appear to have some issues.  Still doing some research on it.

To get the iso please hit the main NEbraskaCERT conference home page http://www.certconf.org the
URL to the direct .zip file is http://www.certconf.org/iso/necert20050729.zip

Download, cut it on a cd-rw and boot it.  When you hit http://www.showip.org and don't see your IP
it is a good thing.  I personally am using it to do research on some 'spolits for a project I'm
doing.

If it gets some decent feedback I might remaster it a bit cleaner and turn the changes into a real
module.  Instead of just using the rootcopy option.

Regards,

Aaron
-=-=-
If you haven't registered for the NEbraskaCERT 2005 Conference, NOW is the time!!!