[olug] qwest cable

Mac Petras mpetras at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:42:43 UTC 2005

I would definitely check with them about compatibility first.
The Modem I had was a Linksys (supported DOCSYS 1 & II)
and worked great with Cox. Qwest REQUIRES you use their
modem.

As for the router, to be "safe" (I wouldn't trust the word of their
tech rep), try using the one you have, and if it doesn't work, then
get another that they suggest. It's possible the model you have
may work just fine. The Tech they sent out was a contractor who
really knew his stuff (and had been dealing with these same
issues already) and let me know a lot of this up front.

However, in that area I think Cox is an option, it just wasn't at
the apt complex I lived in (they signed a 10 year contract with
Qwest so I was screwed). Of course if you have other reasons for
wanting Qwest, go with them....