[olug] Suse 9.3 Pro download

Mario Steele eumario at trilake.net
Sun Jul 10 18:09:10 UTC 2005

Jake Churchill wrote:

>I prefer SuSE to everything else.  I've never had problems with the
>ports.  I have Cox so I have to use a non-standard port.  What type of
>forwarding are you doing?

I'm with QWest, and they gave me a Wireless DSL Router Modem, so I have
to use Port Forwarding on the Modem to get incoming connections to come
to my computer.  In the past, I've had trouble with SuSE 9.2->9.3 to
allow incoming connections of any kind to come in.  Even with the
firewall disabled. (Not smart, but I wanted to prove that I was getting
any incoming connections)  I went through the DSL Router Modem's
configuration system several times, even telnet'ed into the thing, to do
low level configuration, and nothing I would do would allow the
connections to come through.  Now however, since I'm on Fedora Core 4
(And Fedora Core 3 beforehand), the connections work perfectly.  I can
get incoming connections with no problem, even with the firewall running
securely locked down.

--
Mario Steele
http://www.trilake.net/

http://enchantedblade.trilake.net/
The insanity of the world, wrapped in a nice little HTML Document.  Welcome to my world now.