[olug] Help! Need some T1/DS1 info...

Rod Hurley rhurley at tmvgas.com
Mon Jan 31 21:01:42 UTC 2005

I went to a brokerage type T1 company.  Not to pitch anyone, but I use
Bandwidth.com.  They buy the major companies like AT&T, Qwest, Verio,
etc.  and get volume discounts to pass on to you.  Also, because they
sell competitively, they get better reaction times from the carriers on
incidents too.

Rod Hurley
Network Administrator
Tenaska Marketing Ventures
ph:  402-758-6187
cell: 402-981-9561
fx:   402-758-6275
rhurley at tmvgas.com

>>> JeffH at delasco.com 1/31/2005 2:38:30 PM >>>
Long story short, we've got a (phone company name removed) rep
promising
big voice savings if we commit to a 3 year data contract.  Their
pricing
for DS-1 Internet(Tier 2) with a full Class C block is 887.50/month.
That seems really high to me, especially since our current data
provider(Tier 1), has pitched 675/month.

What kinds of numbers are any of you paying for similar services?  I
am
happy to take this off the mailing list if names and numbers make
being
posted to the newsgroup makes anyone uncomfortable.  They are
squeezing
and my gut says stay away, this move would be to save money only, we
are
completely happy about our QOS and support from the current provider,
but I'd be happier with feedback from others.

-Jeff