[olug] Microsoft Any Thoughts

Kent Tegels ktegels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:01:57 UTC 2005

While all the "don't steal" sentiment is appreciated, there's
something not to be overlooked with this, and that's that they
(Microsoft) aren't shutting off automatic updates to these machines.

When I first heard about the plan, I was like "Geeze, how boneheaded!
You're just going to compound the subversion of machines problems by
not letting them be updated but stay live on a network." That risk
should be somewhat mitigated by automatic updates provided the users
turn that feature on.

It'd be nice to think that those users who have tainted OSes -- for
whatever reason -- will at least be considerate enough of the rest of
us to cover there own assets with this feature.

K'Pla,
Kent

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:20:03 -0800 (PST), Michael Ray
<mikejodi68041 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/26/microsoft_pirate/

Thanks!
Kent Tegels