[olug] Local source for IR recievers?

Jaymz Ringler jringler at unitedtransport.net
Tue Jan 25 21:59:37 UTC 2005

My buddy Ryan (who is a tv repairman) made this ir receiver from the
link...   He has an RCA touch screen remote control kinda like a palm
pilot..  about $70 new..   It runs all devices, macros and is
programmable.   It is RF so it works all over the house and doesn't need
to be pointed at the device so all of his equipment is hidden in an
enclosed closet.  It relays the ir signal inside the closet..   which
then is shot into the ir reciever...

I'm waiting for him to get a capture card to get a myth box setup to see
if this remote will work to control it...  I wouldn't see why not..