[olug] Configuring Sendmail

EXT-Creitz, David P david.p.creitz at boeing.com
Mon Jan 24 16:12:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

            I'm just getting back into the linux world after almost 10
years of occasional dabbling when I had time.  I did a search and found
a message that you had replied to where someone asked about setting up
sendmail to communicate with a cox mail server.  I have a cox account
setup for my web server, Fedora Core 3, to be able to send out temporary
passwords for my board.  This is the one feature I have not been able to
get working.  I have installed cyrus SASL and modified sendmail to use
authentication using the PLAIN mechanism (which I'm not sure is the
right one).  All I want it to do is send mail to that smtp account.  I
have all the mail for the relative domain sent to the same account and
check it via web.

            Any help you could give me or if you could point me in the
right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side .. and the
truth."

David P Creitz
PC Service Technician

Tek Systems