[olug] OT If I was rich...I'd be richer

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:15:41 UTC 2005

If I was rich I would set up a small data center and allow ppl to put their own servers in racks, along with that there would be 24hr coffee/food, and 24hr computer parts available.It would be a data center franchise...with centers in every metro in north america before expanding to everywhere else.....
There is nothing I hate more than fixing a machine late at night and then remembering its really late and there is no hope for finding a place thats open...well unless I need a cheap pci video card then I guess i could go to walmart.
   Somebody has got to do this idea...It could really catch on, one could even give it a theme..lol Like "GeekDome", kinda Mad Max thunderdome, where all the workers look like they're all bad ass, spikes on shoulder pads etc.