[olug] Distribution download

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Jan 10 16:54:20 UTC 2005

Use wget and download each file.

Easy way to do it:

Open a terminal, make a directory with enough space for the ISOs.

Create a shell script:
-------------
#!/bin/sh
wget <url>
wget <url>
wget <url>
wget <url>
wget <url>

--------------

Make as many wget lines as you need ISO images, replace <url> with the
target url you wish to download.

Save it in the same folder you wish to save the ISOs. (i used getisos.sh
as the filename)

make sure you are in your target folder.

Run the script.

$ sh getisos.sh

Download will begin running in a serial fashion (one right after the
other).

Jon L.

example:
wget http://box2.haederfamily.org:9009/linux/suse9.1pro/SuSE_9.1.1.ISO

You an add a -c to the wget command line to continue downloads if you lose
connection.

Jon L.