[olug] [OT] Of parents and children

Kevin Lanik kevin.lanik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:25:25 UTC 2005

The model is much like a file system. There are folders and objects
(patients, appointments, referrals, medicationns, etc... medical) The
user can place what ever they want in this area and create folders to
organize them in. We've also come to the same conclusion as David
Walker,  namely

>I do not think you can guarantee that the user intended for your example node
>3 to go under the root or to stay a child of node 1.  Forcing them into
>multiple moves is the only way to ensure they achieve the desired result.

The discussion has been very helpful in drawing everything out, thanks folks!
 -Kevin