[olug] LPI exams at Infotec

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 08:00:16 UTC 2005

Hey Everybody,

I was looking through the website for Infotec and noticed that the LPI group WILL be giving a
chance to sit for the LPI exam at the conference.  Disclaimer: I helped faciltate this a bit so
I'm hoping this is going to be a success, but I'm not getting anything from this and I just made
some introductions.

This is going to be a great opportunity to sit for the exam at a major cost reduction, normally it
is $100.00, but during the conference it is going to be something like $35.00.  True to be LPI
certified you need to pass 2 exams, but this is not a bad place to start.

A quick summary of the LPI info can be found out at cert cities
http://www.certcities.com/certs/other/cert.asp?ID=49

You can take a look at the sessions at
http://www.infotec.org/2005/sessions.htm and the brochure has the registration form with the
pricing and stuff in it.

If you're thinking about getting certified this is a very good certification to pursue, it is
vendor neutral and has a pretty good organization behind it.

If anybody is interested in doing the group study thing drop me a line and we'll see if there is a
big enough group who might be interested.

Regards,

Aaron
=-=-=
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying