[olug] Hardware issue: Philips PCRW1208 CDRW is possessed

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 21:57:01 UTC 2005

Oh, and for the record, I have a cd/rw that won't stay
ejected; when you go to grab the cd, it closes the
tray.  This is why I just installed a dvd/rw; the
cd/rw will be going into my server, since I have
little use for a cdrom drive at all in the server,
aside from those few times when I upgrade Mandrake. So
that make its little quirks much less annoying.
Now, if I can just get external systems to recognize
my ssh server daemon is actually running, I'll be
happy.  Probably I'll have to just give up on SSH
until the next upgrade, have already reconfigured the
sshd settings with no luck... not that I NEED access
to my server from work, but ripping my cds to mp3,
copying to my server, then listening to the mp3s from
work, without using a cd-r, is a convenience I was
getting used to.

http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/pictures/stupid_users/index.html

=====
http://www.ericshaus.com