[olug] Launching x-based programs on a remote machine's display?

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Tue Feb 15 23:07:49 UTC 2005

I've had problems with mythfrontend dying too, so I just made a wrapper to that
loops and launches mythfront end on each loop. Random crash followed by mythtv
restarting. It annoys my girlfriend, but at least she doesn't have to completly
reboot the xbox. Hopefully 0.17 will fix some of the stability issues, and the
#$!%!^!#$ file descriptor leaks on the backend. Nothing worse than having 160
of 170 gig used for only 10 programs. I have to do a weekly backend bounce to
free up my space.

-- Daniel