[olug] Launching x-based programs on a remote machine's display?

Terence Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Tue Feb 15 03:49:29 UTC 2005

I am running MythTV on a machine with no keyboard or mouse.

Mythfrontend has a few stability issues, but other than the frontend
dying, the machine continued to record just fine on the backend.  I can
verify this by going in via a remote frontend (this machine).

Is there a way for me to lauch mythfrontend on the remote machine's
display via SSH?  Note, I don't want mythfrontend to launch here, but
over there.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Terry