[olug] OT: "Securing" a WinXP Home Edition Machine

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 18:43:31 UTC 2005

Media Center Edition used to be derived from XP Pro, but not the 2005
edition.  For instance, Media Center 2005 can NOT be joined to an
active directory domain.

One other thing, the windows firewall is only half a firewall as it
does not protect against trojan horses because it does not monitor
outgoing connection attempts, only incoming.  This is why we use
ZoneAlarm and a hardware firewall.