[olug] digital rights management at work

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 18:56:22 UTC 2005

With DRM, EVERYONE has to restrict where you can play
your music.  Wal-Mart lets you download to one other
computer, but that's assuming you can re-acquire the
"licenses" for each song.
I haven't tried iTunes on another computer yet, but I
do know I have had better luck getting cds burned from
their software.  Even Wal-Mart only uses .wma files,
from what I've seen so far.  This seems to be a
constant; the real question for me is whether I can
burn them to cd without having to spend an hour on the
phone to do so.