[olug] Kubuntu or KDE Screen Resolution

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Dec 28 17:06:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, December 26, 2005 22:47, Joe Gulizia wrote:

> I recently installed Kubuntu 5.10 on a spare

> machine....PIII 323 Meg RAM and 80 GB HD.  My GUI

> screen is TOO BIG and I don't know how to configure it

> to 1024 x 768 (or is it 786?...I always get the two

> confused).  Help appreciated. Thanks.

I just got done installing Kubuntu on my laptop a couple days ago -- I'm
really liking it over Gnome.

Try going to the "K" menu button, then "System
Settings", then the "Display" icon (under the Hardware
section), and adjust the resolution on the "Size &
Orientation" tab.

Good luck,

Dan

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68