[olug] (mostly?) OT: www.planetepoch.com

wferrel wferrel at ferrel.org
Sat Dec 24 00:00:36 UTC 2005

Planet Epoch is a online, real-time strategy game.  It's been under
development for several years and has a fairly strong international
following.  For the last couple of years there's been a growing
contingent of players in Omaha.  Due to the release of source this
summer the next game will be run on a server in Omaha.

The upcoming game will be starting January 1.  This will be our first
run at hosting a game and we expect to learn quite a bit from the effort.

Games normally run for three months at a shot.  Our goal is to go for
three months this time, but we may have to adjust that goal depending on
how things go.

In addition to the game starting on the first we hope to start building
a good environment for a community effort to continue improvements and
add features to the game.

If any of you are interested, please take a look at the website and the
forums.  Feel free to register for the game.  If you have any questions
or any suggestions, please feel free to contact me off list.

Some basic stats:

Website is primarily php.
Database server is Postgresql
webserver is apache
OS for current server is Fedora Core 4

Thanks for your time and I hope to see many of you there.

       Wes