[olug] digital rights management at work

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 02:07:31 UTC 2005

Well, I decided to give it a try; tried downloading a
CD legally from a legitimate reseller.  The download
went ok, but once I got the songs, Digital Rights
Management reared its ugly head; seems that I only
have "permission" to play or burn one of the 12 songs
I downloaded.
All the others say I don't have a license.  So now I'm
on the phone with "customer service", trying to use
what I paid for.
I like the idea of paying musicians for the work they
do, but I wnat to listen to the work after I pay for
it...
And this was going to be a Christmas present....

https://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.