[olug] Computer Locking Up

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 14:14:36 UTC 2005

When I've run Knoppix it seems to work ok MOST of the
time.  I can try MEMTEST for a while (I have to keep
my son off the machine though to do a day or two).  I
replaced a locked-up fan in the old PS approx a year
ago ---- The ribbon cable is also a tannish color
(from its original gray) ---- I've been running the
machine with the side off this weekend also.

I ran it for a few hours without any HD being hooked
in and it appearred OK...maybe not long enough though.

Thanks for the suggestions.
More exploring.

Joe