[olug] ubuntu screen res

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Tue Dec 6 13:18:16 UTC 2005

I decided to give Ubuntu a whirl.  It makes lots of things easy, so you
don't have to tinker with configuration files, but OTOH it's one more
abstraction layer that's easily broken.

That seems to be the case now.  The GUI won't let me change the
resolution above 1024, even though I selected 1152 to be a valid mode
when I was doing the install.  I checked the Xorg config file, and 1152
1024 800 640 are the options for every color depth.  So it ought to be
there, but it's not.  Google found a suggestion to rerun one of the dpkg
configuration steps for the X server package, which I did, without success.

Any Ubuntu users out there that can give advice?

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim & Alethea