[olug] small Asterix install?

Neal Rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sun Dec 4 17:55:56 UTC 2005

>You should look at Astinux.  It is one of the few distributions that are
>designed for the Embedded platform such as the Soekris.  I would be
>interested in seeing one of these systems in person and how they are laid
>out before buying one so I would be willing to help you get the system up
>and running.

  I talked to Nenad Corbic from Sangoma last week and he mentioned an
AST linux, which I'd not been able to find, but  that 'Astinux' was the
clue I needed - I do see that they have a Soekris specific version.
We've got a project that might need a Sangoma A102 dual T1 card in a
small system which is what brought me to that discussion. Its not a PBX
job, just procotol conversion, but Asterix seems like a good starting
point to do that.

>Which Cisco phones do you have?  What firmware do you have loaded on them?

  I've got a 2610XM running CCME for our office phone system, one 7960
here on my desk, a 7910 in the cage downstairs, and one 7940 at another
guy's house that is yet to be configured. I've also got a 1751V with FXS
& FXO ports and a 7940 on my desk for experiment's sake - I'm about to
get certified in the Cisco Call Manager Express product. There are a
7960 and a 7936 conference phone that are on hand for spares which could
be pressed into service, too.

 So you'd be willing to take my 4801, a spare 7940 phone, and make a
working PBX out of it?