[olug] Checking a hard drive while running a Live CD

Mike Peterson CoxMail mpeterson at charles.omhcoxmail.com
Sun Dec 4 00:30:24 UTC 2005

What type of hard drive format and  what type of check are you trying to
perform?

If it is vfat and you are trying to read files from it and it is in the
system it should be auto mounted by the newest Knoppix but I am not sure
about an older 3.4 release for sure.
If it is ext? or ntfs I think you would need to mount them manually unless
they are also auto mounted.
I am using the latest Knoppix 4.x release myself when needed.
But maybe you have an older system that does not support the newest release.