[olug] SuSE 9.3 DVD issues

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 01:48:15 UTC 2005

I'm not sure if it's a double/single layer problem.  For example, one of the
DVDs that I tried was "Van Wilder."  It worked at one time because I watched
it while programming something.  I was using SuSE 9.2 at the time.  The next
time (recently) when I tried it, it would not mount (still using 9.2).  I
thought maybe if I upgraded it'd fix whatever unknown problem I was having.
Well, it didn't.  I like 9.3 so far, although it's not much different from
9.2.  But, I'm still having the same problem.  It's just odd and I'm thinkin
gthat it's almost got to be hardware related.  Perhaps the DVD ROM is going
out and it has caused it to START having problems with double vs. single
layer media.