[olug] dvd mounting issue

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Thu Aug 11 04:51:33 UTC 2005

Ok, here is my issue.  I'm running SuSE 9.2 with my DVD drive
on /dev/hdc which is also /dev/dvd.  I throw in a DVD, open it with
ogle, no problems.  However, I have some DVDs (Van Wilder being one of
them) that will not do anything when I put them in.  I try to manually
mount them and still nothing.  I read that SuSE 9.3 has an issue of
mounting things in different spots in /media other than the dvd
directory, however this is not happening either.

Any ideas of what is going on?  Here is my dvd line in fstab:

/dev/dvd /media/dvd subfs
fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Jake