[olug] Kernel update errors -- Suse YOU

Don E. Kauffman dekauff at cox.net
Thu Aug 11 02:35:39 UTC 2005

Is anyone else having a problem installing the latest kernel patches
from Suse? I've been trying for about a week now via YOU and come up
with the same errors.

The Patch list is as follows:

Patch: kernel
Packages:
Intel-536ep-4.69-10.2
dprobes-3.6.5-8.3
kernel-bigsmp-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-bigsmp-nongpl-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-default-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-default-nongpl-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-docs-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-smp-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-smp-nongpl-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-source-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-syms-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-um-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-um-nongpl-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-xen-2.6.11.4-21.8
kernel-xen-nongpl-2.6.11.4-21.8
ltmodem-8.31a10-7.2
um-host-install-initrd-1.0-50.2
um-host-kernel-2.6.11.4-21.8

This aborts and brings up a list of errors. I Tried attaching them as a
Text doc but olug rejected it because it was too large. The first
several lines are:

ERROR(InstTarget:E_RpmDB_subprocess_failed)
rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from dbcursor->c_put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery

Before I contact suse about these, I'm wondering if anyone else is
having the same issues and, if so, are they resolved?

Thanks,

Don K.
--
"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we
might as well dance."