[olug] Meeting - Tuesday, May 3rd 6:30 PM

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:08:11 UTC 2005

MySQL is good for a beginning / startup kind of thing.  Maybe with the
recent release (if you consider it stable) - it'll actually be more
useful to serious DB tasks.

We've been using Postgres here for a couple years... couldn't imagine
trying to do what we have with MySQL.

Once you get into doing some DB stuff.. it can spawn an assload of
ideas... if you're into data mining / manipulation /
or_need_alot_of_ppl_to_access_the_same_data_all_at_once kind of thing.

-Will