[olug] Keep process running after closing terminal

Thomas Roehr troehr at nj-onramp.com
Wed Apr 20 16:29:31 UTC 2005

To ensure it's not killed, you need to use the nohup command before the
example below.

Most shells will send a SIGHUP signal to all child process when the
shell exits. Depending on
which shell and what options you have enabled, the child may or may not
ignore or delay the SIGHUP signal.

Using nohup will ensure that the process continues.

Tom