[olug] MythTV 0.18 is out.

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Apr 18 13:40:23 UTC 2005

>From the Mythtv.org website:

New release. Fun stuff. Full changelog here
<http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/NewVersion>, but the major stuff is:

    * I'm now only distributing three source packages, instead of eleven.
The new 'mythplugins' package combines all of the add-in modules that used
to be distributed separately (mythmusic, mythweather, etc). There's a
top-level configure script to enable/disable/configure all of the plugins.
The new 'myththemes' package contains some of the themes that used to be
distributed in the main download (Titivillus, Minimalist-wide, Iulius).
I've split these out to cut down on the size of the main package a bit. Be
sure to grab the themes package if you're using one of those themes, else
you won't get the updated version for this release.
    * The configure script was greatly enhanced, and there's no more
editing of setting.pro to enable/disable certain options.
    * Anyway, 0.18's mainly a bugfix/minor feature release. Check the
changelog for specifics.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/