[olug] Memory flash stick inconsistencies

Eric eric.maillist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:16:13 UTC 2005

I have a 32 MB Belkin flash drive that works on everything I've tried.
Upon inserting the card into my SuSE box, the kernel replies: "sda:
assuming drive cache: write through"

I also have a 64 MB MicroAdvantage flash drive that works on Ubuntu
4.10, Win2000/XP but not on SuSE 9.2 Pro.
This time, the kernel (SuSE) spits out:
Current : sense key Unit Attention
Additional sense: Not ready to ready change, medium may have changed
sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
sda : status=1, message=00, host=0, driver=08
Current sd: sense key Unit Attention
Additional sense: Not ready to ready change, medium may have changed
sda: test WP failed, assume Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?  Or am I just better off to wait
for SuSE 9.3?

Thanks for reading.
Eric Pierce