[olug] Fwd: RE: Linux Professional Institute Certification.

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Mon Apr 4 06:02:31 UTC 2005

Here's the response I got regarding details on the InfoTec hosted LPI
certifications.  It pretty much follows with what Aaron said.

----- Forwarded message from Scott Pettit <scott.pettit at aiminstitute.org> -----
To: "Milestone Presentations, LLC" <info at milestoneshows.com>
Cc: topher at zyp.org
From: Scott Pettit <scott.pettit at aiminstitute.org>
Subject: RE: Linux Professional Institute Certification.
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:52:48 -0600
>From scott.pettit at aiminstitute.org  Fri Apr  1 14:52:53 2005

The Linux Professional Institute offers Certification at two levels.

Each level has two parts.  LPI is offering part 1 of each level at
infotec.

Attendees may sit for one part on day 1 and the other part on day 2.
The sessions will run from 10:30 to noon on each day, Wednesday and
Thursday, April 6&7.

It does appear that the infotec online registration will require a
second entry to register for both sessions.

(Selection is by "radio button" and you can only sign up for one session
at a time.  Our misunderstanding and our apologies.)

Each part of the LPI exam is a written test and 90 minutes is allotted.
An LPI representative will be there to officially proctor the test
sessions.  Scoring will be returned at a later date.   (See lpi.org for
more detail.)

We found out late that anyone planning to test must have an LPI  ID.
The ID can be obtained by going to the lpi.org site and following the
appropriate links:   "How to get Tested".   /   "STEP 1: Register ".

You will be able to register for an LPI ID at infotec but it must be
done prior to taking the exam.  That means early arrival.

For payment, register through infotec and make payment to infotec.   The
two parts of the two exams are normally priced at $100 each.  The cost
if taken at infotec is $35 each.

Hope this answers some of the questions.  This is the first time we have
dome this and it appears we are learning how it works.

-scott

Scott Pettit
AIM Institute
118 South 19 Street, Suite 1A
Omaha, NE  68102
(402) 345-5025 x105

www.aiminstitute.org
"AIM Institute hosts the Technology Celebration Banquet, April 6, 2005,
featuring Michael Hawley, Director, Special Projects, MIT.  Reservations
at  www.aiminstitute.org/banquet <http://www.aiminstitute.org> ."