[olug] UPS

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Thu Sep 23 13:54:59 UTC 2004

I am in full agreement with their purchasing channel(s).  Hell, I had been buying PowerWare until I started working a lot with CDW.  Thankfully, CDW has "power" reps who seem to either know what they are doing, or actually know how to use the APC selection software ;).

And, yeah, you should be able to swap out the batteries on all the Smart-UPS units.  I know that some of the lower-end lines you can't.  Also, from what I have encountered at least, APC batteries seem to be the cheapest between APC, TrippLite and PowerWare.  Dunno if it's just the specific models that I"m dealing with, but that's what I've found thusfar.

I also didn't mention PowerWare, mainly because they are usually the most expensive.  They also are very, very nice.