[olug] What if USB no longer worked on Mac's or Linux?

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sun Sep 19 23:17:07 UTC 2004

Hey, It could happen.   And it doesn't seem all that farfetched to me as a
business strategy.  Read I, Cringley's column.

This gives MS a great opp0rtunity.  I'll impersonate Steve Ballmer for a
minute. "You've been bashing us for years because we were not secure enough.
We've listened to what you've said.  We value security so highly that we want
to make sure only devices that we've approved work with our new secure OS."

Sure sounds good, unless you're on the outside.

Dave Thacker