[olug] Re: OLUG Digest, Vol 19, Issue 22

John Dickson jman at neonramp.com
Tue Sep 14 11:31:21 UTC 2004

I worked at Cox in the early-mid-90's. We had a 500kb connection to Prodigy (broadband) at the Head-End. When the decision was made to change gears and use the Motorola equipment (there was no backbone connection) we took 1 of the 5 white Motorola Cybersurfer modems and installed it in a co-workers friends house who just got online with Cox's only competition TCONL (USWest att) and configured his NT box to route so that the other 4 cable routers (my house and 120th Pacific) had an ISP. This was 95-96. We thought this was extra cool. Of course since I worked there we weren't charged.

John

William Haisch <whaisch3 at cox.net> wrote ..