[olug] SuSE or RHEL or Centos or Fedora or Xandros

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 14:55:18 UTC 2004

Although we are happy to have all *BSD users as
participants in OLUG, please remember that
OpenBSD/FreeBSD and all other flavors of BSD are not
Linux; there are many differences; architecture,
licensing, file placements, etct.

Since my *BSD days are far behind, this may no longer
apply. The most important difference is the TCP/IP
stack.  With Linux, there is a buffer between the
kernel and the TCP/IP stack, but with BSD there is no
bufffer, the network and TCP/IP stack are more tightly
integrated with the kernel, adding stability and
reliablity to network services.

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com