[olug] mystifying cable modem problem

unfie at cox.net unfie at cox.net
Wed Sep 1 21:22:23 UTC 2004

We've used alot of cheap hub/switches here in the building for some time (ie: around 4-8 hubs in the building)... and most of the hubs bought within the last 2 years (10/100's) have had auto-mdix on all of the ports.  These are the 'cheapest we can find but new' from pricewatch/local stores.

I wouldn't call it 'rare' these days :).  Although it creates some annoying loops sometimes...

WHERE DID THE BLACKHOLE COME FROM!?$!#@ IEEEEE!!!!

-Will